Not your average Jack-o-lantern
Pumpkin isn't just for pies or jack-o-lanters! This nutrient-rich autumn favorite makes a tasty salsa.
Makes 3 cups
- 2 cups small diced pumpkin (use a pie pumpkin)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 large jalapeno, minced (remove seeds for a milder heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss pumpkin with 2 tablespoons olive oil and spread on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stirring often, until squash is tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno. Cook, stirring often, until onion is golden.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin, lime zest and juice, chile powder, and cilantro, stirring to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or let cool and refrigerate in an airtight container for up 1 week.
More Healthy Vegan Recipes
Vegan Cashew Brownies
Vegan asparagus soup
Vegan pasta salad recipe
Recommended for You