Transform Your Halloween Cookies Into Life-Like Ghoulish Fingers With Crafty Shaping And Creatively Using Blanched Almonds For Pointy Nails. Set These On A Plate Or Stack Them Up In A Decorative Jack-O-Lantern For Fun Vegan Halloween Entertaining.
Transform your Halloween cookies into life-like ghoulish fingers with crafty shaping and creatively using blanched almonds for pointy nails. Set these on a plate or stack them up in a decorative jack-o-lantern for fun vegan Halloween entertaining.
Transform your Halloween cookies into life-like ghoulish fingers with crafty shaping and creatively using blanched almonds for pointy nails. Set these on a plate or stack them up in a decorative jack-o-lantern for fun vegan Halloween entertaining.Vegan Ghoul Fingers
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup vegan butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup confectionersâ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup thick raspberry preserves
- 32 blanched almonds
- In a small bowl, combine ground flax and water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar. Beat on high to cream together.
- Add the flax mixture and extracts and beat on low to combine. Stop and scrape down sides of the bowl and beat again until ingredients are well-blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and blend on low to moisten. Increase speed to medium and beat until well-combined.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out dough and roll it into a finger shape. Place it on prepared baking sheet and make an indentation on the top of the "finger". Spoon just a bit of preserves onto the indentation. Press an almond, pointy-side up, onto preserves to make the nail.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cookies are just slightly golden.