Marinated Salads Are A Tasty Way To Grab Your Palate's Attention. We Like To Serve This Marinated Carrot Salad As A Vegan Side Dish Or Salad But You Can Also Wrap It Up In A Tortilla Or Mix It With Rice For A Zesty Meal.
Marinated salads are a tasty way to grab your palate's attention. We like to serve this marinated carrot salad as a vegan side dish or salad but you can also wrap it up in a tortilla or mix it with rice for a zesty meal.
Marinated salads are a tasty way to grab your palate's attention. We like to serve this marinated carrot salad as a vegan side dish or salad but you can also wrap it up in a tortilla or mix it with rice for a zesty meal.Marinated Carrot and Pepper Salad
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1-1/4 cups tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
More delicious vegan side dish recipes!
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring water and carrots to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Drain and transfer carrots to a large bowl.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and celery to carrots and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine tomato sauce, agave, cider vinegar, oil, and mustard.Â Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Pour tomato sauce mixture over vegetables and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate 24 hours before serving.