Once You Start Partnering Your Morning Cup Of Coffee With This Sweet And Warmly Spiced Coffee Cake, You're Going To Hungrily Look Forward To Waking Up And Starting Your Day.
Once you start partnering your morning cup of coffee with this sweet and warmly spiced coffee cake, you're going to hungrily look forward to waking up and starting your day.
Once you start partnering your morning cup of coffee with this sweet and warmly spiced coffee cake, you're going to hungrily look forward to waking up and starting your day.Â Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake
- 1 cup coconut milk (stir can of coconut milk before measuring)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1-1/2 cups vegan butter, divided
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts plus more for garnish if desired
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
More delish vegan breakfast recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a glass, stir together milk and vinegar. Set aside to make "buttermilk".
- In a second glass, combine ground flax and water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place 1/4 cup butter in the freezer to harden up.
- When butter is chilled, in a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut cold butter into pieces and add to the flour mixture. Use your fingers to cut butter into the dry ingredients until a coarse meal forms. Stir in walnuts. Place bowl in the freezer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- In the bowl of a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine remaining butter and granulated sugar. Beat ingredients on high to cream. Add flax mixture and blend on medium to combine, scraping down sides of the bowl 1 to 2 times.
- Add half of the flour mixture then half of the milk mixture to the butter mixture and blend on medium to just combine. Add remaining flour and milk then blend until just combined.
- Transfer batter to the prepared cake pan and sprinkle with reserved crumble topping.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.