An Easy Comfort Food
Refried black beans tucked in a tortilla with a fresh tomato salsa is easy comfort food when you only have a few minutes to make a meal. My favorite refried black beans are from Eden Foods. For a change, try a mango salsa in place of the tomato salsa; it adds a lovely natural sweetness that contrasts well with the earthy black bean flavor.
Simple black bean burritos
- 1 (16-ounce) can Eden Organic Refried Black Beans
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely sliced (green and white parts)
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 vegan flour tortillas, warmed
- Vegan shredded cheese
- Vegan sour cream
- In a medium saucepan, prepare beans according to directions on the can.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, jalapeno, onions, lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill tortillas with refried beans, tomato mixture, cheese, sour cream and avocado slices.
- Roll tortillas around filling, burrito style. Serve immediately.
More vegan recipes
Vegan spinach and mushroom risotto with toasted walnuts
Vegan fettuccine with creamy walnut sauce
Stuffed vegan 'cheeseburger' bombs