A 'figgy' Situation
The usual strawberry jam won't even get on your radar once you try this amazing fig almond jam. Perfect for slathering on toast for breakfast, you can also use it as a gourmet sandwich or wrap spread.
Fig Almond Jam
- 15 fresh Mission figs, each cut in half
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, toasted and finely ground
- Use a spoon to scoop the flesh out of the fig skins. Transfer flesh to a medium pot.
- Add sugar, orange zest, juice, and water to the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring fig mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often.
- Reduce to a simmer, and stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes until jam thickens.
- Stir almond meal into the fig jam.
- While jam is still hot, transfer to a mason jar and seal.
- Let cool slightly then refrigerate.
More delicious vegan recipes!
Gourmet vegan recipes
Vegan fettuccine Alfredo recipe
Vegan cake batter ice cream recipe