The Coming Of Fall Sends Me To The Kitchen To Bake Cookies And Many Other Sweet Comfort Food Recipes. These Vegan Cookies Are The Perfect After-School Treat As Well As A Popular Bake-Sale Eat. Swap In A Gluten-Free Flour And You've Got The Perfect Allerge
The coming of fall sends me to the kitchen to bake cookies and many other sweet comfort food recipes. These vegan cookies are the perfect after-school treat as well as a popular bake-sale eat. Swap in a gluten-free flour and you've got the perfect allergen-free dessert.
The coming of fall sends me to the kitchen to bake cookies and many other sweet comfort food recipes. These vegan cookies are the perfect after-school treat as well as a popular bake-sale eat. Swap in a gluten-free flour and you've got the perfect allergen-free dessert.Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 2 cups coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
More yummy vegan baking recipes!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine coconut oil, sugar, coconut milk, and lemon juice. Blend on high until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the mixer bowl and blend on low until moistened. Scrape down bowl and blend for another minute.
- Form dough into 24 balls.
- Arrange dough balls onto 2 greased baking sheets and gently flatten them. Use your fingers to pinch around the edges to flute them, if desired.
- Use the back of a small spoon and press an indentation into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the baking sheets after 5 minutes.
- Fill each cookie with preserves. Bake for 5 minutes longer, rotating after 2 to 3 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and allow them to cool for 10 to 15 more minutes before eating.
- Store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container, layered with waxed paper.