Warm, Sweet, And Nutty, This Yummy Vegan Quick Bread Is The Perfect Treat For An Afternoon Snack Or Yummy Breakfast Eat.
Warm, sweet, and nutty, this yummy vegan quick bread is the perfect treat for an afternoon snack or yummy breakfast eat.
Warm, sweet, and nutty, this yummy vegan quick bread is the perfect treat for an afternoon snack or yummy breakfast eat.Vegan Apple Spice Quick Bread
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup plain soy or coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup warm coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled green apple
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
More yummy vegan baking recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together flax and water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, orange zest, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cider, yogurt, oil, and vanilla. Whisk in flax mixture.
- Pour flour mixture into cider mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Fold in apple, raisins, and walnuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert bread from pan and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Slice and serve.