A Fun Vegan Dessert Recipe For Your Fall Parties, These Pumpkin Cupcakes Are Punctuated With Cocoa Nibs And Warm Spices. If You Don't Have Cocoa Nibs On Hand, Swap In Chopped Dark Chocolate.
A fun vegan dessert recipe for your fall parties, these pumpkin cupcakes are punctuated with cocoa nibs and warm spices. If you don't have cocoa nibs on hand, swap in chopped dark chocolate.
A fun vegan dessert recipe for your fall parties, these pumpkin cupcakes are punctuated with cocoa nibs and warm spices. If you don't have cocoa nibs on hand, swap in chopped dark chocolate.Pumpkin Cocoa Nib Cupcakes
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2/3 cup cocoa nibs plus more for garnish, if desired
- 1 recipe vegan white frosting
- Sprinkles (optional)
More delish vegan dessert recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a small cup, mix together ground flax and water. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat shortening until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flax mixture, maple syrup, and soy milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, ginger, and allspice.
- Add flour mixture to the shortening mixture and beat just until moistened.
- Add pumpkin and pineapple and mix just until blended.
- Stir in cocoa nibs.
- Evenly divide cupcake batter among muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back after being lightly pressed.
- Cool in the muffin pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert and allow cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread frosting on cupcakes and garnish with sprinkles or more cocoa nibs.