When Your Kids Are Tired Of Eating Applesauce By The Spoon, Surprise Them With Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies. Ideal For The School Lunchbox, These Vegan Cookies Are Also A Winner As An Afterschool Treat.
When your kids are tired of eating applesauce by the spoon, surprise them with applesauce oatmeal cookies. Ideal for the school lunchbox, these vegan cookies are also a winner as an afterschool treat.
When your kids are tired of eating applesauce by the spoon, surprise them with applesauce oatmeal cookies. Ideal for the school lunchbox, these vegan cookies are also a winner as an afterschool treat.Applesauce Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Makes 3 dozenIngredients:
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground flax
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
More delish vegan dessert recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir flax and water together. Set aside.
- In a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until creamy.
- Add flax mixture, applesauce and vanilla. Blend on medium until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture and blend on low until ingredients are moistened.
- Add oats and raisins and mix well.
- Drop dough by the tablespoonful onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets then transfer to wire racks.