Welcome In The Fall Season With This Easy Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe.
Welcome in the fall season with this easy creamy pumpkin soup recipe. If you don't have canned pumpkin on hand, substitute cooked and pureed winter squash or sweet potato.
Welcome in the fall season with this easy creamy pumpkin soup recipe. If you don't have canned pumpkin on hand, substitute cooked and pureed winter squash or sweet potato.Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 (16-ounce) can pure pumpkin puree
- 3 cups vegetable broth or more to thin, if needed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk, stirred well before adding
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Vegan sour cream for garnish
More yummy vegan soup recipes!
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin, broth, and cinnamon, stirring until smooth.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and stir in parsley.
- You can serve immediately or, for a smooth consistency, puree the soup in a food processor or blender.
- Serve hot, garnished with sour cream.