An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away And Is The Perfect Addition To Your Family's Back To School Breakfast Menu. These Simple Vegan Muffins Can Be Eaten At The Table Or Nibbled On-The-Go.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away and is the perfect addition to your family's back to school breakfast menu. These simple vegan muffins can be eaten at the table or nibbled on-the-go.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away and is the perfect addition to your family's back to school breakfast menu. These simple vegan muffins can be eaten at the table or nibbled on-the-go.Back to School Apple Muffins
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped apple
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
More tasty vegan breakfast recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and grease a muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together flax and water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flax mixture, milk, and oil.
- Add milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until moistened.
- Stir in apple and walnuts.
- Evenly fill muffin cups with batter. Bake for 15 minutes or until muffins spring back when pressed.
- Let muffins cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Invert pan and serve muffins warm.