Hearty, Crunchy, And Healthy, These Seeded Flax Crackers Are Perfect For Salads, Soups, And For Snacking.
Hearty, crunchy, and healthy, these seeded flax crackers are perfect for salads, soups, and for snacking.
Hearty, crunchy, and healthy, these seeded flax crackers are perfect for salads, soups, and for snacking.Vegan Seeded Flax Crackers
- 1/4 cup flax seed plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
More delish vegan snack recipes!
- In a bowl of a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flax seed, ground flax, flour, baking powder, salt and seasoning. Blend on low until ingredients are combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter and almond milk. Pour into flour mixture and blend on low until ingredients are moistened. Increase to medium speed and blend until a dough forms.
- Dump dough onto a lightly floured surface and form into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Divide dough in half and place each portion in between 2 large sheets of plastic wrap. Use a rolling pin to roll each portion of the dough into a large rectangle about 1/16-inch thick.
- Sprinkle with extra flax seeds, sesame seeds, and chia seeds. Use the rolling pin to press seeds into the cracker dough.
- Use a sharp knife to cut dough into rectangles, size of your choosing.
- Place squares on 2 large baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes, rotating the baking sheets after 10 minutes. Crackers are done when they are golden and crisp.