Gluten-Free And Full Of Flavor, These Savory Vegan Muffins Are A Welcome Breakfast Treat As Well As The Perfect Accompaniment For Soup Or Salads.
Gluten-free and full of flavor, these savory vegan muffins are a welcome breakfast treat as well as the perfect accompaniment for soup or salads.
Gluten-free and full of flavor, these savory vegan muffins are a welcome breakfast treat as well as the perfect accompaniment for soup or salads.Savory Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins
Yields 12 muffinsIngredients:
- Egg substitute equivalent of 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup grated vegan cheese of your choice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 2Â tablespoons granulated sugar
- Generous pinch of salt
- A few grinds black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
More tasty vegan baking recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg replacement and pumpkin. Stir in cheese, onion, chives, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, stirring until moistened.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes then invert onto a wire rack to continue to cool.
- Serve warm or allow muffins to cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.