When Your Gotta-Satisfy-It Sweet Tooth Arises, Dive Your Fork Into This Vegan Cheesecake Draped In A Vegan Caramel Sauce.
When your gotta-satisfy-it sweet tooth arises, dive your fork into this vegan cheesecake draped in a vegan caramel sauce.
When your gotta-satisfy-it sweet tooth arises, dive your fork into this vegan cheesecake draped in a vegan caramel sauce.Vegan Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vegan chocolate wafers or cookies
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon Karo syrup
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 16 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Egg substitute equivalent for 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Vegan caramel sauce, such asÂ Obsessive Confection Disorder's Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce
Cook's note: You can dress up cheesecake slices with dark chocolate sauce, vegan chocolate shavings, chunks of chocolate, fresh fruit, or vegan whipped cream.More tasty vegan dessert recipes!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cookies, butter, Karo syrup, and flour in a bowl. Mix by hand and press firmly into greased 9-inch springform pan.
- In a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine cream cheese, sugar, egg substitutes, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture onto crust, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheesecake jiggles only slightly when pan is shaken.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool. Loosen sides of pan. Pour caramel sauce over cheesecake to cover the top. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan and serve.