Kidney Beans Aren't Just Good For Chili, These Versatile Healthy Gems Can Be The Main Star Of A Side Dish Or Eaten With Abandon As A Fiber- And Protein-Rich Vegan Dinner.
Kidney beans aren't just good for chili, these versatile healthy gems can be the main star of a side dish or eaten with abandon as a fiber- and protein-rich vegan dinner.
Kidney beans aren't just good for chili, these versatile healthy gems can be the main star of Â a side dish or eaten with abandon as a Â fiber- and protein-rich vegan dinner.Red Beans in Walnut Garlic Sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups plain almond milk
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup of finely chopped walnuts
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed, drained
More tasty vegan dinner recipes!
- In a small pot over low heat, melt butter. Â Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, until the flour is light brown.
- Whisk in milk, whisking constantly to keep lumps from forming. Increase heat to medium. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring often, until sauce thickens.
- Stir in walnuts and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over kidney beans, stirring to coat. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Toss beans and sauce again. Serve immediately.