Summer Might Be Coming To A Close But Burgers Are Always In Season. This Vegan Burger Recipe Features Protein-Rich Quinoa, High-Fiber Chickpeas And Healthy Fats From Kalamata Olives.
Summer might be coming to a close but burgers are always in season. This vegan burger recipe features protein-rich quinoa, high-fiber chickpeas and healthy fats from Kalamata olives.
Summer might be coming to a close but burgers are always in season. This vegan burger recipe features protein-rich quinoa, high-fiber chickpeas and healthy fats from Kalamata olives.Quinoa Olive Burgers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-3/4 cups cooked ivory or red quinoa
- 1 cup canned or cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons tahini
More tasty vegan dinner recipes!
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, and olives, and cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with coriander, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Transfer veggie mixture to a food processor. Add quinoa, setting 1/2 cup aside. Add chickpeas, setting 1/2 cup aside.
- Pulse until ingredients come together but do not puree.
- In a large bowl, mash the reserved quinoa and chickpeas with flour, tamari, and tahini.
- Add quinoa mixture from food processor to bowl and mix together, adding a bit more tahini or water, if mixture seems too dry to form patties.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties. Place them on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush both sides of patties with olive oil. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping after 5 minutes, until patties are lightly browned.
- Serve hot on your favorite bun and toppings.