Vegan lemon curd
Sweet & tart vegan dessert
Vegan lemon curd is a treat that can be made in many ways, and all vegans seem to enjoy this delicious treat!
Vegan lemon curd can be eaten with a spoon, layered in parfaits or spooned into baked tart shells and topped with fruit. For a change, substitute lime or orange juice for the lemon juice.
Vegan lemon curd recipe
Yields about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- Juice of 5 lemons (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together agave nectar, cornstarch, salt, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened to a pudding consistency.
- Whisk in coconut oil and vanilla.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight. It will set up.
- Lemon curd will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
More vegan dessert recipes
Blackberry lemon thyme pie
Vanilla flax milk melon smoothie
Cherry chocolate macadamia sorbet