Homemade Sourdough Bread Infused With Fresh Rosemary Is A Gourmet Treat That Any Vegan Can Make At Home. Here's An Easy Sourdough Bread Recipe Along With Instructions To Make A Sourdough Starter.
Homemade sourdough bread infused with fresh rosemary is a gourmet treat that any vegan can make at home. Here's an easy sourdough bread recipe along with instructions to make a sourdough starter.
Homemade sourdough bread infused with fresh rosemary is a gourmet treat that any vegan can make at home. Here's an easy sourdough bread recipe along with instructions to make a sourdough starter.Rosemary Sourdough Bread
Yields 1 loafIngredients:
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 cups sourdough starter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- Olive oil
More yummy vegan baking recipes!
- In a standup mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine the flour, starter, salt, and rosemary, and mix on low until ingredients are moistened then increase to medium-high and knead dough until it no longer sticks to the bowl.
- Grease a large bowl with olive oil and place dough inside, turning dough over to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic and set in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Remove plastic, punch dough down, and dump onto a lightly-floured surface. Knead a few times then shape into a ball.
- Place on a baking peel sprinkled with cornmeal, seam-side down. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat a baking stone on the bottom rack of an oven at 400 degrees F.
- With a sharp knife, slash a large X on the top of the dough.
- Transfer to the baking stone and bake for 60 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom and is lightly browned on top, about 1 hour.
- Using the peel, remove bread from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 30 to 40 minutes before slicing and serving warm.
- Once bread is completely cool, store it in an airtight container for up to 4 days.