Your Dog's New Favorite Treat
Why buy doggie biscuits when you can make your own? Not only are these vegan doggie treats easy to bake, they are way cheaper than pricey vegan-status dog biscuits. Best yet, you can eat them, too.
Vegan Doggie Biscuits
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup dry soymilk powder
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together flax and water. Set aside while you prepare remaining ingredients.
- In the bowl of a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix on low to combine flour, oats, Italian seasoning, soymilk powder, and salt.
- In a small food processor, blend peanut butter and broth.
- Add flax mixture and peanut butter mixture to flour mixture and blend on low until moistened then increase to medium speed until ingredients are well-combined.
- Roll mixture out in between two large sheets of plastic wrap until about 1/4-inch thick.
- Use a dog-bone-shaped cookie cutter to cut cookies. Place on 2 baking sheets lined with silicone mats.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cookies are crisp and dried all the way through.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
More vegan pet fun!
Vegan pet gift: Gourmet Dog Treat Maker
5 must-have vegan cat products
5 awesome vegan dog products