Cabbage, Apples, And Walnuts Tucked Into Light And Flaky Puff Pastry Packets Can Be Served As A Light Vegan Lunch Or Dinner Or Offered As A Tasty Vegan Appetizer.
Cabbage, apples, and walnuts tucked into light and flaky puff pastry packets can be served as a light vegan lunch or dinner or offered as a tasty vegan appetizer.
Cabbage, apples, and walnuts tucked into light and flaky puff pastry packets can be served as a light vegan lunch or dinner or offered as a tasty vegan appetizer. Cabbage and Apple Turnovers
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed (2 rolls)
More tasty vegan lunch recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add cabbage and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until cabbage starts to wilt.
- Add apple, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, agave, walnuts, and vinegar. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat to cool as you prepare puff pastry.
- Unfold puff pastry and use a rolling pin to roll both sheets out to even thickness.
- Use a 3-inch biscuit cutter and cut puff pastry into circles or use a sharp knife and cut pastry into squares.
- Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of cabbage filling on one-half of each circle and fold remaining half over the filling. Use the back of a fork to press edges together.
- Poke holes on top of each turnover and place on 2 large baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until puff pastry is golden. Serve warm.