If You're Looking For A Delicious Way To Use Up Your Garden Veggies Or Latest Harvest From Your Farmers' Market Visit, Try This Veggie Curry Featuring Fresh-Picked Vegetables Bathed In A Garlicky Coconut Sauce And Served Over Couscous.
If you're looking for a delicious way to use up your garden veggies or latest harvest from your farmers' market visit, try this veggie curry featuring fresh-picked vegetables bathed in a garlicky coconut sauce and served over couscous.
If you're looking for a delicious way to use up your garden veggies or latest harvest from your farmers' market visit, try this veggie curry featuring fresh-picked vegetables bathed in a garlicky coconut sauce and served over couscous.Garden-Fresh Curry with Couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 3 baby eggplants, ends trimmed, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed, diced
- 2 medium vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk (shaken well before opening)
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried currants
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1-1/4 cups water or vegetable broth
More delish vegan dinner recipes!
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, pepper, eggplant, and zucchini and cook, stirring often, until onions are softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring often, for 1 to 2 minutes.Â Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in coconut milk, raisins or currants, and shredded coconut. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over high heat, stir together couscous and water or broth. Bring to a boil. Cover pan and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir cilantro into curry mixture and serve over couscous.