Crumble Tops Make Any Muffin Taste -- And Look -- Better. This Vegan Muffin Recipe Boasts A Brown Sugar And Cinnamon Crown Overtop A Tender Muffin Studded With Diced Plums.
Crumble tops make any muffin taste -- and look -- better. This vegan muffin recipe boasts a brown sugar and cinnamon crown overtop a tender muffin studded with diced plums.
Crumble tops make any muffin taste -- and look -- better. This vegan muffin recipe boasts a brown sugar and cinnamon crown overtop a tender muffin studded with diced plums.Plum Crumble Muffins
Yields 12For the topping:
For the muffins:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vanilla-flavored soy yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 ripe plums, halved, pitted, chopped
More tasty vegan breakfast recipes!
- For the topping, mix ingredients in a small bowl until mixture looks crumbly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, yogurt, apple juice, oil, and vanilla until well-blended.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Stir in the plums.
- Fill muffin pan with batter and sprinkle with crumble topping.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until muffin tops are golden and spring back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes then carefully remove muffins and serve warm.