Ready To Start Your Cinco De Mayo Morning With A Delicious And Refreshing Boost Of Mexican-Inspired Ingredients, Such As Avocados, Tomatillos, Peppers, Lime And Cilantro? This Healthy Green Drink Is Courtesy Of Chef Ina Pinkney Of Ina's Restaurant In Chic
Ready to start your Cinco de Mayo morning with a delicious and refreshing boost of Mexican-inspired ingredients, such as avocados, tomatillos, peppers, lime and cilantro? This healthy green drink is courtesy of Chef Ina Pinkney of Ina's Restaurant in Chicago. Ole!
Ready to start your Cinco de Mayo morning with a delicious and refreshing boost of Mexican-inspired ingredients, such as avocados, tomatillos, peppers, lime and cilantro? This healthy green drink is courtesy of Chef Ina Pinkney of Ina's Restaurant
in Chicago. Ole!Ina's Guaca Mary
Serves 4 to 6Ingredients:
- Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 cups peeled, cubed cucumber
- 1 fully ripened avocado from Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup raw cubed tomatillos
- 1 cup halved seedless green grapes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 whole seeded fresh Serrano pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 6 dashes green hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/3 cups unsweetened coconut water
- Tequila or vodka, optional
- Avocados slices, grape tomatoes and pickled onions for garnish
More yummy vegan Mexican recipes!
- On a small flat plate, stir together 3 tablespoons salt and the lime rind. Set aside.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the lime juice into a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a blender, combine cucumber, avocado, tomatillos, grapes, cilantro, Serrano pepper, remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, celery salt, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, the hot sauce and black pepper. Blend until smooth (mixture will be slightly thick).
- Transfer to a 2-quart pitcher and stir in coconut water. Add tequila or vodka to taste, if using.
- To serve, dip glass rim in reserved lime juice, then into salt and lime rind mixture.
- Add ice and fill with Guaca Mary.
- Thread avocado, grape tomatoes and pickled onions onto toothpick or skewer for garnish, if desired.