If You Are Throwing A Vegan Cinco De Mayo Party This Year, Make Sure You Put These Meat-Free Tostadas On Your Menu.
If you are throwing a vegan Cinco de Mayo party this year, make sure you put these meat-free tostadas on your menu.
If you are throwing a vegan Cinco de Mayo party this year, make sure you put these meat-free tostadas on your menu.House Foods Tofu Tostadas
- 1 package House Foodsâ Premium or Organic Tofu Medium Firm, drained and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 finely diced serrano chili
- 2/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- Olive oil
More vegan Mexican recipes!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine tofu, onions, chilies, tomato, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Gently fold in avocado and season with salt and pepper. Cover bowl and set aside.
- Lightly brush tortillas with oil and place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until tortillas are just crisp.
- Mound tofu filling on top of the tostadas and place back in the oven for a couple of minutes to heat through.
- Serve immediately.