Souffles Are A Fun Spring-Time Recipe That Always Get Rave Reviews. This Vegetarian Recipe Boasts The Bold Flavor Of Smoked Gouda.
Souffles are a fun spring-time recipe that always get rave reviews. This vegetarian recipe boasts the bold flavor of smoked gouda.
Souffles are a fun spring-time recipe that always get rave reviews. This vegetarian recipe boasts the bold flavor of smoked gouda.Smoked Gouda Souffles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk, warmed
- 6 ounces shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 egg white
More vegetarian fare!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and grease 6 ramekins.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour until combined.
- Whisk in milk and raise temperature to medium heat. Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in cheese until it melts and mixture is smooth. Remove saucepan from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks. Slowly whisk in cheese mixture.
- In the bowl of a standup mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the five egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold one-third of the egg whites into the cheese mixture using a spatula. Fold in remaining egg whites until just blended.
- Pour mixture into ramekins. Bake for 25 minutes or until souffles are puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately.