Jazz Up Your Quinoa Experience By Swapping In Red Quinoa For The Ivory Variety. This Red Quinoa Salad Is A Satisfying Vegan Lunch And Can Also Be Served As An Impressive Vegan Side Dish For Dinner.
Jazz up your quinoa experience by swapping in red quinoa for the ivory variety. This red quinoa salad is a satisfying vegan lunch and can also be served as an impressive vegan side dish for dinner.
Jazz up your quinoa experience by swapping in red quinoa for the ivory variety. This red quinoa salad is a satisfying vegan lunch and can also be served as an impressive vegan side dish for dinner.Red Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 large orange, peeled, cut into bite-sized pieces, divided
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
More delish vegan salad recipes!
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and simmer for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Meanwhile, set aside 1/4 cup chopped orange segments. Add remaining orange pieces to a large bowl. Add edamame, onion, and almonds, tossing to combine.
- Use your hands to squeeze reserved orange pieces and release the orange juice into a small bowl. Discard orange solids.
- Add apricot preserves, vinegar, and pinch of oregano to the small bowl and whisk ingredients together.
- Drizzle in 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil and whisk until ingredients are combined. At this point, it is up to you if you want to add more olive oil.
- When quinoa is cooked, add it to the edamame mixture, tossing to combine.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over quinoa and toss to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper, toss again, and serve warm or refrigerate for up to 2 days.