Cocoa Cherry Granola
This family pleasing granola is so chocolatey andÂ maple sweet, your kids will rave that they are eating dessert for breakfast!
- 1/2Â cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 3 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking or instant)
- 1/4Â cup Rodelle Baking Cocoa
- 1/4Â cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2Â cup slivered almonds
- Pinch ofÂ salt
- 1/2Â cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Pour the oil into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Heat in the oven for about 10Â minutes.
- In a small pot over medium heat, warm the maple syrup. Stir in the vanilla bean and its seeds.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Add oats and cocoa, stirring to combine. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Thoroughly stir in the oats and cocoa and bake until toasted, about 10Â minutes.
- Stir in the coconut, almonds and salt and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla bean from the warm honey and pour over the oat mixture.Â Add the cherries and toss to coat the mixture.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, stirring once or twice. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack, stirring once or twice until cooled completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Cook's note: We used a Rodelle Vanilla Bean and Rodelle Baking Cocoa in this recipe. Visit the Rodelle Kitchen
for more amazing baking ingredients and a chance to win a KitchenAid Mixer and Rodelle Baking Essentials Gift Basket
.More yummy vegan breakfast recipes!