Apricots Are Soon Coming Into Season And Will Beg To Be Part Of Your Vegan Dessert Menu. Nestling Them Into Pastry Pockets And Drizzling With A Sweet Sauce Is A Scrumptious Way To Enjoy These Plump Orange-Hued Fruits.
Apricots are soon coming into season and will beg to be part of your vegan dessert menu. Nestling them into pastry pockets and drizzling with a sweet sauce is a scrumptious way to enjoy these plump orange-hued fruits.
Apricots are soon coming into season and will beg to be part of your vegan dessert menu. Nestling them into pastry pockets and drizzling with a sweet sauce is a scrumptious way to enjoy these plump orange-hued fruits.Apricot Pockets
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh apricots, halved, pitted, sliced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- Juice and grated zest of 1 small lemon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups plain soy creamer
- 3 tablespoons warmed coconut oil
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soy or coconut yogurt
More delish vegan baking recipes!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine apricots, 1/4 cup sugar, and lemon juice and zest.
- In a second large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add creamer and mix until a sticky moist dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and form into an 8x16-inch rectangle.
- Cut rectangle into 8 squares and lightly roll out each square. Mound about 1/4 cup of the apricot mixture in the center of each square.
- Bring the four corners of each square into the center over the apricot filling and pinch corners together.
- Brush pastry with coconut oil and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Place pockets on a large baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- While the pockets are baking, place yogurt in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat, stirring occasionally, until warmed through.
- Serve apricot pockets drizzled with yogurt sauce.