Pound cake has universal appeal to dessert lovers. This orange-kissed vegan pound cake is amazing as a decadent breakfast, snack, or dessert.
Vegan orange pound cake
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar
- Prepared Ener-G egg replacer for 6 eggs
- Zest and juice of 3 oranges (reserve 2 tablespoons juice for glaze)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add egg replacer and beat on low speed until incorporated. Add orange zest and juice and vanilla, beating until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to mixing bowl and beat on medium-low until flour is incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool pound cake in the loaf pan for 15 minutes then invert onto a wire rack to continue to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix 2 tablespoons of orange juice with just enough sugar to form a glaze. Drizzle it over the cooled cake.
More vegan recipes
Easy vegan queso dip
Shredded veggie summer slaw