A popular treat for Easter and other holidays.
Traditional popovers are made with eggs and milk, but with a couple of ingredient swaps, you can enjoy vegan popovers with your holiday meal or any time you get a craving for a high-rising baked good.
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Prepared Ener-G egg replacer for 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain soymilk1 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. and coat a 6-cup popover pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Use a hand mixer to beat ingredients until smooth.
- Fill prepared popover pan with batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the sides of the popovers are firm.
- Let popovers cool in the pan for 5 minutes then serve hot.
Cook's note: You can prick the top of each popover to allow steam to escape then tear open slightly and fill with sweet or savory ingredients.