Looking For A Filling, Healthy, And Gluten-Free Lunch Dish For The Spring? Carol Kicinski, A Professional Gluten-Free Recipe Developer, Food Writer And TV Chef Shares This Amazing Vegan Salad Recipe That Boasts Color, Texture, And Taste.
Looking for a filling, healthy, and gluten-free lunch dish for the spring? Carol Kicinski, a professional gluten-free recipe developer, food writer and TV chef shares this amazing vegan salad recipe that boasts color, texture, and taste.
Looking for a filling, healthy, and gluten-free lunch dish for the spring? Carol Kicinski
, a professional gluten-free recipe developer, food writer and TV chef shares this amazing vegan salad recipe that boasts color, texture, and taste.
Gluten-Free Spicy Ginger Tofu Noodle Salad
- 1/3 cup San-J Gluten Free Tamari Ginger Dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (more if you want it spicier) red pepper flakes
- 1 pound gluten free brown rice fettuccini style pasta
- Gluten free non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound firm tofu, pressed with paper towels, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 ounces shitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 English (hothouse) cucumber
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal (green and white parts)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into small dice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
More tasty vegan lunch recipes!
- Whisk together the dressing, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with hot water. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray the pay heavily with non-stick cooking spray and add the tofu pieces. Let cook for 1 to 2 minutes undisturbed or until they are golden brown.
- Flip the tofu pieces over and continue cooking until browned on all sides. When the tofu is done, remove from the skillet, and add to the pasta.
- Add the mushroom slices to the hot skillet and cook until browned, stirring often, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms to the pasta.
- Peel the cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, scrape out the seeds with a spoon, cut into thin slices and add to the pasta.
- Reserve some of the chopped cilantro for garnish and add the rest to the pasta along with the green onions and bell pepper.
- Toss everything together and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with the reserved cilantro leaves and the sesame seeds.