Give Your Vegan Breakfast A Warmly Spiced Update By Adding Chinese 5-Spice Powder To The Mix. Serve With Bananas And Diced Fresh Apricots.
Give your vegan breakfast a warmly spiced update by adding Chinese 5-spice powder to the mix. Serve with bananas and diced fresh apricots.
Give your vegan breakfast a warmly spiced update by adding Chinese 5-spice powder to the mix. Serve with bananas and diced fresh apricots.Five-Spice Vegan Waffles
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, warmed until liquified
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
Heat waffle iron to medium-high heat.
More delish vegan breakfast recipes!
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, 5-spice powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, oil, and brown sugar.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir just until blended, leaving some small lumps.
- Generously spray waffle iron with oil before adding waffle batter.
- Cook waffles until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of breakfast toppings.