Rice And Tofu Tossed With Veggies And An Asian Inspired Dressing Makes For A Yummy Vegan Lunch Or Dinner.
Rice and tofu tossed with veggies and an Asian inspired dressing makes for a yummy vegan lunch or dinner.
Rice and tofu tossed with veggies and an Asian inspired dressing makes for a yummy vegan lunch or dinner.Kung Pao Tofu Brown Rice Salad
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 16 ounces firm tofu, pressed, cut into cubes
- 3 to 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced bok choy
- 4 green onions, sliced (green and white parts)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- Water for consistency
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
More tasty vegan lunch recipes!
- Heat peanut and sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tofu and cook, stirring often, until cubes are lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, carrot, bok choy, green onions and cilantro. If you want to serve salad warm, warm brown rice mixture in a skillet with tofu. Otherwise, serve at room temperature or chilled.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, peanut butter, tamari, chili sauce, and enough water to make a dressing.
- Pour dressing over rice and toss to coat. Add tofu and toss again. Season with salt and pepper.