Sweet And Hearty Vegan Bread Recipe
This vegan brown bread is a homemade bread that is sweet and hearty for vegan lovers!
When your craving for homemade bread arises, give this slightly sweet, hearty vegan bread recipe a bake. It's especially delish when toasted for a vegan Boston baked bean sandwich.
Vegan brown bread recipe
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups plain soy milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and grease a standard loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flours, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy milk, molasses, maple syrup and vinegar.
- Pour the soy milk mixture into the flour mixture, and stir until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then invert onto the wire rack to continue to cool.
More vegan recipes
Vegan granola bread
Vegan banana bread