Dark Leafy Greens Are Loaded With Vitamins And Minerals, Making Them An Invaluable Ingredient In A Healthy Diet. Simmering Greens Into A Soup Mellows Their Natural Bitterness And Gives Your Family A Delectable Vegan Dinner.
Dark leafy greens are loaded with vitamins and minerals, making them an invaluable ingredient in a healthy diet. Simmering greens into a soup mellows their natural bitterness and gives your family a delectable vegan dinner.
Dark leafy greens are loaded with vitamins and minerals, making them an invaluable ingredient in a healthy diet. Simmering greens into a soup mellows their natural bitterness and gives your family a delectable vegan dinner.Greens and Potato Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 large red jalapeno, minced (remove seeds for less heat)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, woody stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 4 cups spinach
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Homemade croutons
More delish vegan soup recipes!
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno and cook, stirring often, until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer soup for 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add kale and Swiss chard to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes. Add spinach, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Serve garnished with croutons.