Need a super-hearty vegan dinner to refuel after hours on the slope or romping through the snow with the family? This vegan stroganoff features meaty baby portobello mushrooms in a creamy rich sauce.
Need a super-hearty vegan dinner to refuel after hours on the slope or romping through the snow with the family? This vegan stroganoff features meaty baby portobello mushrooms in a creamy rich sauce.Portobello Stroganoff
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds baby portobello mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup plain soy creamer
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- Hot steamed rice or cooked wide noodles
- Fresh herbs
More delish vegan dinner recipes!
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion, and cook, stirring often, until onion is very tender and the mushrooms have lightly browned.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in wine, scraping the bottom of the skillet to release any browned bits. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until almost all of the liquid is evaporated.
- Add broth, creamer, and lemon zest. Season with a pinch or so of salt and a few grinds black pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer until liquid is reduced to about half.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in sour cream and heat for 1 minute. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve portobello mixture over rice or noodles, garnished with fresh herbs.