Warm, Spicy And Healthy What More Do You Need?
Do you need cream for chowder? Not in this vegan chowder recipe. Best of all, it'll be ready in 20 minutes.
Vegan Corn Chile Chowder
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups plain soymilk, divided
- 4 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) diced green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder or to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened.
- Sprinkle in the flour and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in 3 cups of the milk, whisking continuously to blend, and then bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in 2 cups of corn and the chiles. Bring to a vigorous simmer, lower heat, and stir in chipotle. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine remaining milk and corn. Add cilantro and pulse until thick.
- Add thick corn mixture to the soup, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Return the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with diced red pepper.
More Vegan Recipes
Vegan German Chocolate Cake
Vegan Classic Coconut Cream Pie
Roasted Sweet Potato Sticks
More tasty vegan soup recipes!