A Guilt-Free Mayo Replacement
Who needs mayo when you can slather this low-calorie, richly flavored vegan spread on your sandwiches? You can also use this vegan recipe as a dip for chips and crudites.
Roasted Cauliflower Spread
- 1 small cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more to adjust final consistency
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, onion, oil, thyme, and garlic. Spread in a baking dish in one layer and season with salt and pepper. Tent with foil and roast for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove foil and continue to roast until vegetables are very tender and lightly browned.
- Transfer cauliflower mixture to a food processor and add cumin, coriander, cayenne, and parsley. Blend until pureed.
- Adjust consistency to your liking by adding more olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
More delish vegan spread recipes
Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Savory Holiday Fig Spread
Eggplant Sundried Tomato Spread