Finger Foods Are Always Fun For The Family
Finger food is always a hit with the kids and gives you new dinner inspiration when the usual vegan meals seem ordinary. Serve these stuffed baby potatoes with a variety of other vegan appetizers for dinner this week.
Stuffed Baby Red Potatoes
- 8 small red baby potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped olives
- 1/4 cup dairy-free sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Boil potatoes in a large pot of salted water until they are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine green onion, olives, and sour cream.
- Cut each potato in half crosswise and trim a small slice off the bottom of each half so the halves can stand up without rolling.
- Use a melon baller to remove the center of each potato, leaving a 1/4-inch border of flesh.
- Put the removed potato flesh in the bowl with the green onion mixture and mash together (add more sour cream if the mixture is dry).
- Fill each potato half with green onion mixture. Place halves on a serving platter and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
More kid-friendly vegan snacks
Vegan pasta salad recipe
8 Easy-to-tote vegan travel snacks
Kid-friendly vegan lunchbox recipes