Brighten Up Your Breakfast Or Afternoon Tea With This Quick Bread Loaded With Kumquats And Walnuts.
Brighten up your breakfast or afternoon tea with this quick bread loaded with kumquats and walnuts.
Brighten up your breakfast or afternoon tea with this quick breadÂ loaded with kumquats and walnuts.Kumquat Quick Bread
Yields 1 loafIngredients:
- 1-1/3 cup plain soy milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pureed whole kumquats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Vegan butter
More tasty vegan baking recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a standard loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a stand up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine soy milk, oil, and sugar. Blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, flax, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the milk mixture and blend on medium-low until moistened.
- Fold in pureed kumquats and nuts. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto a cutting board to slice and serve warm with vegan butter.