A Salad You Will Never Forget
If you're looking for delicious dishes to boost the fiber and protein in your diet, put this red lentil salad on your menu.
Red Lentil Salad
- 8 ounces red lentils, rinsed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced small
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 green onions, sliced (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil, drained)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place lentils and bay leaves in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until lentils are tender but firm (do not overcook). Drain and discard the bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine bell pepper, olives, green onions, tomatoes, parsley, and currants.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and garlic.
- Add lentils to bell pepper mixture and pour vinaigrette overtop. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 2 days, tossing well before serving.
More healthy vegan recipes!