"Pear" It With Any Meal
Pears are in season and ideal for making a sweet-savory chutney. We love using this spicy pear chutney as a dip for crackers and party toasts. You can also stir it into rice, quinoa, couscous, or other grain to add flavor and gourmet flair.
Spicy Pear Chutney
- 1-1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- Generous pinch of cayenne
- 6 pears, peeled, cored, chopped
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, vinegar, onion, orange zest, juice, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture becomes jam-like in consistency.
- Add pears and raisins, stirring to combine, and continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to sterilized mason jars, seal, and let cool completely. Refrigerate for up to 4 months.
More savory Vegan dishes
Savory Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins
Vegan Mushroom Potstickers
Vegan Boston Baked Beans