Chunks Of Pumpkin, Fire-Roasted Tomatoes, And Chickpeas Bathed In A Flavorful Sauce Gives This Vegan Dinner Recipe Delicious Eye Appeal.
Chunks of bright orange pumpkin, fire-roasted tomatoes, and chickpeas bathed in a flavorful sauce gives this vegan dinner recipe delicious eye appeal.
Chunks of bright orange pumpkin, fire-roasted tomatoes, and chickpeasÂ bathed in a flavorful sauce gives this vegan dinner recipe delicious eye appeal.Saucy Pumpkin and Chickpeas with Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 cups diced pumpkin (or other winter squash or sweet potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, drained
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Note: For a lighter, lower-carb version, omit the rice and serve with a few pita triangles.More tasty vegan dinner recipes!
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring rice and water or broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pumpkin and stir a few times. Cover skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, forÂ about 4Â minutes.
- Add coriander, cloves, and pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring often, for about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Stir in chickpeas and cook for 5 minutes to slightly reduce the sauce. Stir in parsley.
- To serve, pour rice onto a serving platter and top with pumpkin mixture.