Loaded With Tender Sauteed Veggies, Sweet Preserves, And Tangy Sourdough Bread, This Hearty Vegetarian Breakfast Strata Is A Healthy, Filling Way To Start The Day.
Whether you're a part-time vegan or a meat-eater who wants to eat more plant-based meals, this vegetarian breakfast casserole is packed with sauteed veggies, sweet preserves, and tangy sourdough bread.
Whether you're a part-time vegan or a meat-eater who wants to eat more plant-based meals, this vegetarian breakfast casserole is packed with sauteed veggies, sweet preserves, and tangy sourdough bread.Vegetarian Breakfast Strata
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large slices sourdough bread, divided
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves, warmed, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
More tasty breakfast recipes!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place butter in a 9-inch square baking dish and set in the oven to melt the butter. When the butter is melted, remove dish from the oven, swirl to coat the bottom of the dish and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and broccoli and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened.
- Add tomatoes and artichoke hearts and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until broccoli is just tender. Remove from heat.
- Tear sourdough bread into large pieces and cover the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with half of the preserves and sprinkle with half of the parsley. Spread half of the vegetable mixture overtop and sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Add another layer of sourdough bread and drizzle with remaining preserves. Sprinkle with parsley and spread with remaining vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Pour evenly over strata ingredients, using a spatula or your hands to press ingredients down to distribute egg mixture.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for 15 minutes or until egg mixture has set and the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Slice and serve immediately or allow to cool completely and serve at room temperature.