Surprise Your Christmas Dinner Guests With A Sweet-Savory Cranberry Chutney Instead Of The Usual Cranberry Sauce From A Can.
Surprise your Christmas dinner guests with a sweet-savory cranberry chutney instead of the usual cranberry sauce from a can.
Surprise your Christmas dinner guests with a sweet-savory cranberry chutney instead of the usual cranberry sauce from a can.Christmas Cranberry Chutney
- 6 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, minced
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 12 dried dates, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped cyrstallized ginger
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
More delish vegan holiday recipes!
- Place all ingredients in a heavy-duty pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Cook, stirring often, until the berries pop and the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- At this point, you can can the chutney in sterilized mason jars using the boiling method or you can let cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.