There's Just Something Special About Risotto, Especially When It Has Surprising Ingredients, Such As Curry, Cherries, And Mango Chutney. We Adapted This Vegan Risotto Recipe From A Lundberg's Curried Risotto Recipe.
There's just something special about risotto, especially when it has surprising ingredients, such as curry and mango chutney. We adapted this vegan risotto recipe from a Lundberg's curried risotto recipe.
There's just something special about risotto, especially when it has surprising ingredients, such as curry and mango chutney. We adapted this vegan risotto recipe from a Lundberg's curried risotto recipe.Curried Risotto with Dried Cherries and Mango Chutney
- 5 cups vegetarian broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-1/2 cups Lundberg White Arborio Rice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon or more hot mango chutney
- 1/4 cup original soy creamer
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
More delish vegan side dish recipes!
- Simmer broth in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent.
- Add rice and stir until grains are coated. Add curry and thyme, stir, then quickly add wine and stir until wine is absorbed.
- Add hot broth 1 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until each cup is absorbed. Cook time is about 20 minutes.
- Add sour cherries, chutney, creamer, and cheese, stirring gently to combine.
- Cook another 5 minutes to heat through. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.