Pull Out Your Puff Pastry And Make These Quick To Fix Vegan Empanadas. Serve Them As A Christmas Main Course Or As A Vegan Holiday Appetizer.
Pull out your puff pastry and make these quick to fix vegan empanadas. Serve them as a Christmas main course or as a vegan holiday appetizer.
Pull out your puff pastry and make these quick to fix vegan empanadas. Serve them as a Christmas main course or as a vegan holiday appetizer.Really Easy Black Bean Mango Empanadas
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped mango
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
More tasty vegan dinner recipes!
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet overÂ medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring often, until softened. Add garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano, and cayenne and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add black beans and mango and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until black beans are heated through then remove from heat and let mixture cool completely. Stir in cilantro.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay out a sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll it out until it is about 1/16-inch thick and about 12 inches by 16 inches.
- Trim edges to size, if necessary. Cut 4-inch strips crosswise and lengthwise making 12 (4X4-inch) squares. Make sure the squares are well floured and stack them in a little pile.
- Fill a small cup with water and set aside.
- Place a couple tablespoons of black bean filling on each square. Dip your index finger into the water and moisten the edges of the puff pastry.
- Fold each square in half to form a triangle. Use the back of a fork to press and seal the edges of each empanada.
- Lightly brush the tops of the empanadas with oil and place on a large baking sheet. Bake about 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy.
- Serve warm with your favorite salsa.