Perfect For Christmas Morning, Serve This Quick-To-Bake Spicy Crumb Cake. Make A Few Extra And Freeze For Other Occasions When You Need A Fast Morning Nibble.
Perfect for Christmas morning, serve this quick-to-bake spicy crumb cake. Make a few extra and freeze for other occasions when you need a fast morning nibble.
Perfect for Christmas morning, serve this quick-to-bake spicy crumb cake. Make a few extra and freeze for other occasions when you need a fast morning nibble.Holiday Crumb Cake
- 1 cup vanilla soymilk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2Â Â cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4Â Â cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4Â Â cup granulated sugar
- 1Â Â teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2Â Â teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2Â Â teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4Â Â teaspoon salt
- 8Â Â tablespoons chilled veganÂ margarine
- 1/4Â Â cup cream cheese substitute
- Powdered sugar
More delish vegan holiday recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or spray aÂ 9-inch springform pan or round metal cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine soymilk and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, granulated sugar, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut in margarine andÂ cream cheese substituteÂ until crumbly. Reserve 1-1/2 cups oat mixture for topping and set aside.
- Add soymilk mixture to remaining oat mixture and mix just until moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle reserved oat mixture overtop.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown and the center is firm to touch. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm.