Tender Potato Slices Layered With A Mild Garlicky Cashew Cheese And Topped With Crunchy Toasted Bread Crumbs Is A Scrumptious Christmas Side Dish You'll Want To Make All Year Long
Tender potato slices layered with a mild garlicky cashew cheese and topped with crunchy toasted bread crumbs is a scrumptious Christmas side dish you'll want to make all year long.
Tender potato slices layered with a mild garlicky cashew cheese and topped with crunchy toasted bread crumbs is a scrumptious Christmas side dish you'll want to make all year long.Vegan Potato Gratin
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cashews soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 heaping tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 cups whole grain bread crumbs
More delish vegan holiday dishes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, lower heat to medium-high, and cook for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring often, until onions are lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, combine cashews, water, garlic, and lemon zest. Add a pinch of salt. Blend until creamy.
- Thinly slice potatoes. In the prepared baking dish, layer potatoes with cashew mixture.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over potatoes. Bake for 45 minutes or until bread crumbs are toasted and casserole is heated through.